The Role Responsibilities
- Ensure effective tele-calling and field collection to restrict forward flows by collecting the total due amount on all assigned accounts as per collection strategy
- Comply fully with scripts, call pitch & strategy
- Ensure all interactions with client (including latest contact details) is record on Bank’s collection system
- Abide to the Collection Do’s and Don’ts
- Escalate / recommend account referrals for alternate action such as field / agency / litigation to minimize risk
- Timely escalation of high-risk accounts to Team Leader / Team Manager for suitable collection action to be taken such as cancellation of account
- Exercise judgement while handling request on waiver for fees / interest
Escalate any system irregularities that may have been noted while using Bank’s collection system
- Deliver performance parameters as stated in Collection / Recovery scorecard as below;
- Financial parameters such as dollar collection / recovery, bucket collected, numbers of payers
Non – financial metrics such as call monitoring ,field visit quality, teamwork , compliance , complaints
Ensure assigned functions are carried out in accordance with regulatory requirements and group policies
- Perform calling activity on (inbound / outbound) past due accounts and negotiate payments
- Arrange visits in cost effective manner
Negotiate with debtors and arrange repayments to minimize losses
- Ensure to follow call scripts as per laid down process
- At all times update all collection activities in CACS accurately
Managing customer letters, emails – arranging necessary solutions
People & Talent
Ensure team spirit amongst team in order to achieve desired goals
Ensure all AML/CDD policies and procedures as per group are adhered to in conducting duties. Ensure zero tolerance method for this aspect, within the team/unit
- Ensure all AML/CDD policies and procedures as per the local regulator are adhered to in conducting duties Ensure zero tolerance method for this aspect, within the team/unit
- Report any breaches or suspicious persons/relationships to local L & CFCC
Ensure the department processors are in place to get a good audit rating
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the Sri Lanka’s Collections & Recoveries team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles. Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Internal Stakeholders – Product Management, Sales, Credit initiations, Collections, Lending operations, Legal and CFCC. Interaction with these departments for joint initiatives and key business deliverables.
External Customers – Bank’s customers for feedback / complaints, HuB, regulators / group office / Bureau / auditors for reporting, discussion or feedback etc.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Active Listening skills - Giving the full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made and asking questions as appropriate
- Oral Expression - The ability to communicate information and ideas in a way others will understand
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively
- Persuasion - Persuading others to change their minds or behaviour
- Ability to communicate effectively on the telephone with individuals of diverse backgrounds
- Experience in a customer service transaction-based environment such as a call centre or retail location preferred
- Possess a valid riding licence and professional qualification will be an added advantage
Expedite things in a quick fashion on the phone and on the computer
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- Should be an effective communicator with strong negotiation skills
- Should possess through understanding of the collection systems
- Ability to work independently and liaise with external agencies
- Should be knowledgeable to handle cases in different situation
- Should be able to guide front line collection on the shortcoming identified
Should be service oriented & maintain a good interaction with other departments of the bank
About Standard Chartered
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
Being part of an inclusive and values driven organization, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realize their full potential.
Recruitment assessments - some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers
Job: Governance, Risk Management & Compliance
Primary Location: Asia-Sri Lanka-Colombo
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Posting Date: 14/Nov/2023, 12:07:29 AM
Unposting Date: 28/Nov/2023, 5:59:00 PM