Unilever is currently hiring for Sourcing Unit Innovations & Technology (SUIT) Manager
Function: Supply Chain
Reports to: Factory Manager
Location: Horana Factory
Terms & Conditions: Full time
With 3.4 billion people in over 190 countries using our products every day, Unilever is a business that makes a real impact on the world. Work on brands that are loved and improve the lives of our consumers and the communities around us. We are driven by our purpose: to make sustainable living commonplace, and it is our belief that doing business the right way drives superior performance. At the heart of what we do is our people – we believe that when our people work with purpose, we will create a better business and a better world.
At Unilever, your career will be a unique journey, grounded in our inclusive, collaborative, and flexible working environment. We don’t believe in the ‘one size fits all’ approach and instead we will equip you with the tools you need to shape your own future.
You will be responsible to drive all innovations, localizations for the personal care and Beauty & Wellbeing category while driving & analysing capacity for manufacturing in the respective category. You will be the country representative for cluster reviews in the SUIT pillar. You will report to the Factory Manager.
What Will Your Main Responsibilities Be
- Manage on time landing of all new innovations, re-launches, localizations, any change in product in the personal care category, liaising with all the stake holders in brands, R&D, regulatory and extended supply chain team. Leading all these projects in Factory and third Manufacturing facilities
- Drive all innovations, launches and re-launches >90% innovation ramp up.
- Analyze the capacity of manufacturing in the personal care category and leading the capacity enhancement projects wherever there are bottle necks in capacity, managing all the actions from preparing the business case to completion of the project.
- Continuously work out the capacity utilization changes at lines and regular discussions with Factory manager and Manufacturing managers on to execute most cost effective and efficient run strategy for production lines.
- Lead all the projects related to technology changes in the personal care category including process and material, including introducing new technologies.
- Co-ordinate all the product trials in manufacturing facility related to the relevant category.
- Lead the Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Nepal monthly review for Sri Lanka, with cluster SUIT team and collating country data and sharing with relevant category General Managers for Operations in South Asia.
- Carry out asset mapping for all the projects.
- Co-ordinate all new projects related to personal care category liaising with UEnS teams.
- Raise all the pack change proposals for supply chain on time, in full.
- Conduct Innovations Review Meeting in the factory every month with plant teams and other responsible teams.
- Drive whole capex approval process from region and utilization process in the personal care and beauty & wellbeing categories to ensure that capex is effectively managed and use for the purpose on time, in full.
- Prepare Bills of Quality, getting quotations to supply engineering material and services, evaluate bids and select suitable vendors.
- Attend to the network calls for innovations, launches and re-launches and ensure that Factory operations are fully aligned and up to date on respective networks.
Provide automation solutions for all possible low cost automation areas and build in to investment plan as a savings project.
What You Need To Succeed
Experiences & Qualifications
- Be a graduate in Engineering specialized in Manufacturing Technology, Possessing Engineering and competent in Project Management.
- Have minimum of 4 years of experience in the field of Manufacturing and/or Process Engineer. Prior experience in FMCG will be an added advantage.
- Possess fair knowledge on Hygienic Engineering, Quality & Safety standards in Manufacturing.
- Be a strong, assertive leader with the ability to lead a team for a common objective.
- Possess good Innovative, analytical & agile thinking abilities.
Have sound financial knowledge to manage the costs/negotiations and carry out necessary financial proposals and capital budgeting.
- Change Management
- Data Driven Decision Making
- Digital Transformation
- Stakeholder Management
- Problem Solving
- You are energized by delivering fantastic results. You are an example to others – both your results and your resilience. You are constantly on the lookout for better ways to do things, engaging and collaborating with others along the way.
- As an individual you are the one responsible for your own wellbeing and delivering high standards of work. You must also focus on the Consumer and what they need. You are humble and have your head up, looking around to interpret evidence and data smartly, spot issues and opportunities to make things better.
Critical SOL (Standards of Leadership) Behaviors
- PASSION FOR HIGH PERFORMANCE: Takes personal responsibility and accountability for execution and results. Has an owner’s mindset, using data and insight to make decisions.
- PERSONAL MASTERY: Sets high standards for themselves. Actively builds own wellbeing and resilience.
- CONSUMER LOVE: Whatever their role, always looks for better ways to serve consumers. Invests time inside and outside to understand the needs of consumers.
- PURPOSE & SERVICE: Has humility, understanding that leadership is service to others, inside and outside Unilever.
- AGILITY: Explores the world around them, continually learning and developing their skills.
Unilever embraces diversity and encourages applicants from all walks of life! This means giving full and fair consideration to all applicants and continuing development of all employees regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership, and pregnancy and maternity.
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.