Location: Colombo, Sri Lanka
What We do:
Kognitiv empowers global brands to redefine loyalty through advanced data activation and multi-enterprise collaboration.
Founded in 2008, Kognitiv is challenging brands to redefine how they engage with their customers and deliver meaningful experiences that earn their lifetime loyalty.
In June 2020, Kognitiv and Aimia’s Loyalty Solutions came together to create a data and technology-led business, employing people across 20 countries worldwide. With 200+ clients and partners in more than 50 markets globally, Kognitiv is removing the complexity of cultivating loyalty, data, and partnerships, so brands can deliver enhanced value, personalization, and experiences to today’s consumers, right where they are.
About the opportunity:
Responsible for providing scalable and efficient software development and deployment solutioning & automation for Kognitiv’s platform components and junior cloud engineering team oversight.
Areas of key responsibilities:
Building DevOps Infrastructure & Environments
- Build & set up new development environments & infrastructure with the support of the cloud engineers on your team.
- Create & maintain Infrastructure-as-Code.
- Support your manager in deploying platform updates, identifying production issues, and implementing integrations that meet project needs.
- Assess the performance of development & release processes.
Ensure development assets & development environments comply with standards for security such as scanning, patching and encryption.
- Use standard tools and processes to deploy code and support environments, including support for quality assurance, monitoring, incident management, and backup and disaster recovery.
- Provide support in the design of procedures for system maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Monitor applications and infrastructure performance & address the performance bottlenecks found.
- Support in the development & execution of incident response plans.
- Ensure resolution of incidents, outages, & technical issues.
- Build tools to reduce occurrences of errors.
- Perform root cause analysis for production errors.
- Develop & automate CI/CD Pipeline as a Code and Configuration as a Code for robust and faster delivery of software to engineering, test, and production environments.
- Keep current with evolving cloud technology and implement improvements to the hosting standards.
- Proactively identify and mitigate risks on the running environments.
Ensure all systems developed have been deployed with cybersecurity measures in place and are safe and secure against cybersecurity threats by continuously performing vulnerability assessment and risk management.
- Manage and execute change requests provisioning in accordance with platform strategy, standards, and governance and mentor engineers on the team.
Work with software developers and software engineers to ensure that development follows established processes and works as intended.
Required Knowledge & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- 4+ years of experience in a combination of software development and DevOps/Cloud engineering role with demonstrated progression through the DevOps career path including a proven track record of successful DevOps implementations and improvements.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with cloud technologies, preferably Microsoft and AWS.
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer and/or other comparable certification (i.e., Kubernetes)
- Experience implementing DevOps principles in larger organizations/large scale.
- Experience of delivering modern cloud-native solutions on Azure.
- Skilled in establishing robust logging, monitoring, and alerting capabilities in Azure.
- Demonstrated experience in Azure including Azure DevOps, VMs, App Services, Service Bus, API Management
- Infrastructure as Code languages such as Terraform are required.
- Practical knowledge of, Elasticsearch, Redis and RabbitMQ.
- Advanced knowledge of Linux operating system but able to work on windows servers, as well.
- Advanced experience in designing CI/CD pipelines using tools/services like Git, Jenkins Pipeline, Artifactory, Sonar, Gitlab, Azure DevOps, etc.
- Experience with Kafka and Elastic cluster management and configuration is desirable.
- Experience with Github Actions/GitLab, or similar is a plus.
- Good Networking Knowledge (HTTP/TCP/UDP), including troubleshooting and tuning experience.
- Knowledge and some experience with web hosting and running micro services - Nginx, Apache HTTPD, Reverse Proxy servers, Load Balancing standards.
- Understanding of database systems - SQL, RDBMS, NoSQL.
Experience with systems which need to be High-Available and have comprehensive Disaster Recovery capabilities.
Additional qualifications strongly preferred:
- Advanced experience with Terraform or similar declarative Infrastructure-as-Code tools
- Some experience in designing highly scalable and secure web servers - caching standards, CDNs, web application firewalls.
Some working experience with orchestration and system configuration tools such as Puppet, Chef, ARM templates, CloudFormation, etc.
Skills and abilities:
- Experience working with Agile teams and collaborating with multi-function teams to deliver projects.
- Understanding of Core Cloud Concepts gained through successful hand-on work on cloud implementations.
- Ability to use a wide variety of open-source technologies and tools, code and script.
- Data management skills.
- Proven experience with Windows operating system ability to work on Linux as well.
- Ability to propose creative and effective solutions to difficult issues.
- A proactive problem solver who can make excellent use and interpret our tooling to improve performance/services.
- Strong communication
Strong analytical skills.
We are a passionate and innovative organization looking for exceptional people to come and join us. This is an exciting opportunity to work for an international business, in a high energy environment with a collaborative, smart and passionate team. If you like the sound of us and the role: get in touch!
Here at Kognitiv, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it! Greater diversity means greater variation in ways of thinking, perspectives and approach. And we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees and our clients. Kognitiv are committed to creating an inclusive environment and all employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, fit and business need.
We always welcome international candidates to apply providing they are eligible to work and live in Sri Lanka.