With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 33,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
The Sponsorship Assistant provides support to the Sponsorship Coordinator for the implementation of Sponsorship operations within the Area Programme. The position supports the Sponsorship Coordinator in assuring the accurate and timely processing of correspondence and monitoring of child well-being outcomes for all Registered Children. This position participates in community engagement and capacity building efforts of partners and community groups.
- Assist Sponsorship Coordinator to plan sponsorship education processes and contribute as needed.
- Participate in community engagement and capacity building efforts of partners and community groups.
- Support development of child selection criteria along with the Sponsorship Coordinator.
- Ensure sponsorship activities are integrated within project activities.
- Provide support to ensure Child Monitoring Standards are met.
- Assist Sponsorship Coordinator to ensure Sponsor communications activities are done aligned with integrated plan and designed in such way so as to while contribute to life skills and development assets of children.
Support to prepare Annual Sponsorship Budgets and Annual Business Plans.
Required Qualifications, Experience & Competencies
- At least two (2) years of experience in NGO / INGO in Development Sector in a similar position
- Completed G.C.E Advanced Level successfully.
- A Higher Diploma (A study course exceeding 6 months or more) in Development Studies, Sociology, Counselling or any relevant stream of studies.
- An understanding of Sponsorship Operation
- Proficient in English and Sinhala/Tamil languages.
Willingness to be flexible with hours when necessary and able to travel often in the field.
Applicant Types Accepted
Local Applicants Only