Ansell is a world leader in providing superior health and safety protection solutions that enhance human well-being. The world’s need for better protection never stops, so Ansell is constantly researching, developing, and investing to manufacture and distribute cutting edge product innovation and technology, marketed under well-known brands that customers trust. Operating in two main business segments, Industrial and Healthcare, Ansell is the market leader that continues to grow, employing 14,000 people worldwide.
For more information about our Company, our People and our Values, please follow the link https://www.ansell.com
JOB TITLE - LOCATION
Ansell is looking for a passionate, customer-focused Specialist Product Development - LCA Specialist to join the Industrial Global Business Unit (IGBU), R&D. This role will be based in Biyagama (Sri Lanka).
As a member of the Ansell Sustainability & Innovation team, the Specialist Product Development - Life Cycle Assessments Specialist will be vital in collecting data relating to sustainability measures and assess through ISO14040/44 compliance. If you have a proven successful experience in conducting Life Cycle Assessments, you might be the next colleague we are looking for!
Please note that no relocation assistance will be provided for this position.
What will your role be?
Working in collaboration with our Industrial Global Business Unit, and reporting to the Sustainability & Innovation Associate Director, Specialist Product Development - LCA Specialist will:
· Conduct Life Cycle Assessments and the quantification of the environmental impact of Protective Personal Equipment safety solutions.
· Collaborate with and guide manufacturing teams and suppliers through data collection required for LCA modeling.
· Develop LCA models using specific software.
What will you bring to Ansell?
· Master's Degree
· Demonstrated knowledge/ experience in LCA modelling relevant to climate change impacts and benefits within corporate value chains (minimum of 2 years)
· Expert in LCA Software.
· Familiarity with LCA databases (e.g., Ecoinvent, etc.) and in-depth knowledge of database management
· Familiarity with LCA standards & guidelines (e.g., ISO 14040/44)
· Comprehensive knowledge of the quantification of environmental impacts, EPDs and a sophisticated understanding of environmental science.
· A demonstrable knowledge of material science i.e. how materials are made and the corresponding environmental implications would be viewed highly favorably
· Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
· Self-organized; Works independently and on schedule
· Fluent in English (written and oral)
· A strong interest in sustainability solutions for business
Why join Ansell?
· Work for a world leader in the health and safety protection solutions industry
· A secure workplace with competitive remuneration and annual bonus based on own and company performance
· Flexible schedule with a combination of home and office-based working
· Inclusive, collaborative, and supportive work atmosphere
· A diverse culture and international working environment
· Targeted training courses and programs to develop professional and interpersonal skills
· Opportunities to develop and strengthen your career
This is an exciting time to join Ansell. Apply now!
Equal Opportunity Statement
Ansell commits to securing an equal opportunity recruitment and selection process. All interested candidates are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, ethnic origin, religion, disability, genetic information, or any other factors that could be deemed discriminatory.
Follow us on Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook