Location: Colombo, Sri Lanka
Our mission is to unlock human potential. We welcome you for who you are, the background you bring, and we embrace individuals who get excited about learning. Bring your experiences, your perspectives, and your passion; it’s in our differences that we empower the way the world learns.
About the Role:
We are looking for Engineer with 2 to 3 years of Java experience to join our exciting and rapidly expanding team in Sri Lanka. This position is a hands-on development role where you will be responsible for the development of Wiley’s Research, Education and Corporate Learning platforms. You will leverage your knowledge of Java to work closely with architects, engineers, and product owners to create complex applications. You will also ensure your commitment to the highest quality standards both in functional and non-functional areas.
How you will make an impact:
- Develop, testing and support of web-based applications and API development using Java, ReactJs, Apache Kafka, AWS and SQL/NoSQL databases.
- Follow Agile and DevOps methodology with total ownership of the development.
- Have a good understanding of engineering best practices and nonfunctional requirements,
- Work independently, yet under the guidance of the team lead and the senior members of the team, committed to quality and timely delivery.
- Assist the team in maintaining the health of production system.
- Follow the latest relevant technologies, techniques, frameworks, tools, methodologies, and processes.
Helping on interviews and hiring process of new team members.
What we look for:
- Minimum of a bachelors degree in Computer Science or an equivalent qualification.
- 2 to 3 years of solid experience in developing applications using one or more of the following technologies - Java, ReactJs, Apache Kafka, AWS and SQL/NoSQL databases.
- Proven hands on experience of microservices architecture and AWS cloud technologies.
- Good working knowledge of caching technologies, and web architecture.
- Curiosity to learn and develop modern technologies and skills. Be a fast learner.
- Solid communication skills.
- Understanding of technology methodologies including Agile (SCRUM), continuous integration/ continuous development and automation.
Familiarity with JIRA and writing user stories.
Enabling Discovery, Powering Education, Shaping Workforces.
We clear the way for seekers of knowledge: illuminating the path forward for research and education, tearing down barriers to society’s advancement, and giving seekers the help they need to turn their steps into strides.
Wiley may have been founded over two centuries ago, but our secret to success remains the same: our people. We are willing to challenge the status quo, move the needle, and be innovative. Wiley’s headquarters are located in Hoboken, New Jersey, with operations across the globe in more than 40 countries.
Please attach your CV in order to be considered for this position.