Unilever is currently hiring for a Shift Engineer
Function: Supply Chain
Reports to: Head of Engineering
Scope: Local Scope
Location: Sri Lanka
Terms & Conditions: Full-time
With 3.4 billion people in over 190 countries using our products every day, Unilever is a business that makes a real impact on the world. Work on brands that are loved and improve the lives of our consumers and the communities around us. We are driven by our purpose: to make sustainable living commonplace, and it is our belief that doing business the right way drives superior performance. At the heart of what we do is our people – we believe that when our people work with purpose, we will create a better business and a better world.
At Unilever, your career will be a unique journey, grounded in our inclusive, collaborative, and flexible working environment. We don’t believe in the ‘one size fits all’ approach and instead we will equip you with the tools you need to shape your own future.
Unilever is the place where you can bring your purpose to life with the work that you do – creating a better business and a better world. If you are passionate to work in the frontline Supply Chain factory team of Unilever Sri Lanka while being responsible to all activities in premises maintenance for all operations of the central & manufacturing utilities, then this role is just for you!
You will report to the Head of Engineering.
What Will Your Main Responsibilities Be
- Ensure compliance with levels of safety/quality/hygiene at all the stages of operations & by all the persons in department at all times.
- Implement autonomous maintenance and planned maintenance activities for central utility plants and driving periodic monitoring programs for health check of the implemented operations.
- Routine engineering & maintenance activities to be carried out through engineering technicians.
- Be responsible for skill gap analysis of utility engineering operators and technicians, conducting training programs for upskilling.
- Cost governance of the utility operations aligned to factory targets.
- Be responsible to keep records for testing of critical safety devices in the utility plants, periodic testing and calibration, corrective actions for identified gaps to ensure full compliance for safer working environment.
- Drive initiatives for cost saving and implementing on time & in full.
Participate & implementation of energy conservation/safety initiatives/quality & hygiene initiatives/innovation roll outs/productivity improvement programs & any other initiatives.
What You Need To Succeed
Experiences & Qualifications
- Be a graduate in Engineering (Mechanical, Chemical & Process or Electrical), possessing comprehensive understanding on utilities & building maintenance.
- Have 1-2 years of experience in supply chain background, prior experience in FMCG manufacturing will be an added advantage.
- Possess understanding on operation and maintenance of industrial utilities (Steam generation, Fire detection & Protection, Water and Waste water treatment, HVAC , Chillers, Compressors and Diesel Generators) will be an added advantage.
- Be a strong assertive leader with the ability to collaborate with multiple internal & external stakeholders.
Possess good analytical thinking & problem-solving skills.
- Managing Manufacturing Performance
- Digital Concepts and Analytics
- Technical Design Principles
- Problem Solving
- Change Management
- Agile Delivery
- Stakeholder Management
- You are energized by delivering fantastic results. You are an example to others – both your results and your resilience. You are constantly on the lookout for better ways to do things, engaging and collaborating with others along the way.
- As an individual you are the one responsible for your own wellbeing and delivering high standards of work. You must also focus on the Consumer and what they need. You are humble and have your head up, looking around to interpret evidence and data smartly, spot issues and opportunities to make things better.
Critical SOL (Standards of Leadership) Behaviors
- PASSION FOR HIGH PERFORMANCE: Takes personal responsibility and accountability for execution and results. Has an owner’s mindset, using data and insight to make decisions.
- PERSONAL MASTERY: Sets high standards for themselves. Actively builds own wellbeing and resilience.
- CONSUMER LOVE: Whatever their role, always looks for better ways to serve consumers. Invests time inside and outside to understand the needs of consumers.
- PURPOSE & SERVICE: Has humility, understanding that leadership is service to others, inside and outside Unilever.
- AGILITY: Explores the world around them, continually learning and developing their skills.
Unilever embraces diversity and encourages applicants from all walks of life! This means giving full and fair consideration to all applicants and continuing development of all employees regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership, and pregnancy and maternity.
Read our Recruitment Policy here.
Unilever is an organization committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.