We’re looking for a dedicated and experienced Java-Python developer to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and maintaining Java and Python-based applications. This involves coding, testing, debugging, tools, and complex algorithms. Also, this includes working closely with the software architect, quality leads/engineers and other developers to design and implement new features and resolve bugs.
- Develop complex Java and Python-based applications together with unit, integration tests and user documentation
- A strong understanding of data structures, algorithms, multi-threading, and design patterns. Able to carry out programming deliverables with Object Oriented Programming
- Implementing test-driven development and developing automated testing utilities and/or procedures via Python, PowerShell, or Java testing frameworks.
- Experience with test automation tools, such as TestComplete, TestExecute, and Selenium, will be an advantage
- Build tools to ensure high performance, low latency, and high availability of mission-critical financial applications
- Optimize the performance of our applications using profiling and debugging techniques
- Refactor existing solutions to make it reusable and scalable
- Identify opportunities for further enhancements and refinements to standards, processes, and systems
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to define project requirements and scope
- Assessing and prioritizing client feature requests
- Monitor systems performance
- Identify and assess modern technologies prior to implementation
- Direct system testing and validation procedures
- Integrating data storage solutions
Creative thinking! Code for tomorrow and not today
Candidate Profile / Key Skills
- Strong design and coding skills with Java (Version 1.8 or above)/J2EE, Typescript, and Python technologies. (Java and Python a must)
- Strong knowledge of Python programming language and its libraries/frameworks
- Proven experience as a Java or Python Developer or similar role
- 2+ years of professional experience as a software developer
- Bachelor ‘s degree (Computer Science or any related field)
- Knowledge and working experience with relational databases (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.)
- Experience with performance tuning, debugging, and memory profiling is a plus
- Knowledge of source controls
- Experience with agile development methodology
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
Desire to learn new technologies and tools
LSEG is a leading global financial markets infrastructure and data provider. Our purpose is driving financial stability, empowering economies and enabling customers to create sustainable growth.
Our purpose is the foundation on which our culture is built. Our values of Integrity, Partnership, Excellence and Change underpin our purpose and set the standard for everything we do, every day. They go to the heart of who we are and guide our decision making and everyday actions.
Working with us means that you will be part of a dynamic organisation of 25,000 people across 65 countries. However, we will value your individuality and enable you to bring your true self to work so you can help enrich our diverse workforce. You will be part of a collaborative and creative culture where we encourage new ideas and are committed to sustainability across our global business. You will experience the critical role we have in helping to re-engineer the financial ecosystem to support and drive sustainable economic growth. Together, we are aiming to achieve this growth by accelerating the just transition to net zero, enabling growth of the green economy and creating inclusive economic opportunity.
LSEG offers a range of tailored benefits and support, including healthcare, retirement planning, paid volunteering days and wellbeing initiatives.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. This means that we do not discriminate on the basis of anyone’s race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. Conforming with applicable law, we can reasonably accommodate applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as mental health or physical disability needs.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) (we) may hold about you, what it’s used for, and how it’s obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject.
If you are submitting as a Recruitment Agency Partner, it is essential and your responsibility to ensure that candidates applying to LSEG are aware of this privacy notice.