Senior Software Engineer – Full Stack
Sysco LABS is the captive innovation center of Sysco Corporation (NYSE: SYY), the world’s largest foodservice company. Sysco is a Fortune 500 company and the global leader in selling, marketing, and distributing food products to restaurants, healthcare, and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. Its family of products also includes equipment and supplies for the foodservice and hospitality industries. With more than 71,000 associates, the company operates 333 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 700,000 customer locations. For fiscal 2022 that ended July 3, 2022, the company generated sales of more than $68 billion.
Operating with the agility and tenacity of a tech–startup, powered by the expertise of the industry leader, Sysco LABS is transforming one of the world’s largest industries.
Sysco LABS’s engineering teams based out of Colombo, Sri Lanka and Austin and Houston, TX, innovate across the entire foodservice journey – from the enterprise-grade technology that enables Sysco’s business, to the technology that revolutionizes how Sysco connects with restaurants and the technology that shapes the way those restaurants connect with customers.
Sysco LABS technology is present in the sourcing of food products, merchandising, storage and warehouse operations, order placement and pricing algorithms, the delivery of food and supplies to Sysco’s global network, the in-restaurant dining experience of the end-customer and much more.
We are currently on the lookout for a Senior Software Engineer – Full Stack to join our team.
- The design and development of enterprise solutions for one of the world’s largest corporations
- Implement distributed and highly available enterprise applications that scale for enterprise demands.
- Adhere to Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery of solutions.
- Ensure high code quality by following software engineering best practices.
- Work collaboratively in a cross functional team in an Agile delivery environment.
- Adhere to DevOps principles and be involved in projects throughout their full software lifecycle: from development, QA, and deployment, to post-production support.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent, and 2 - 4 years of experience developing production enterprise applications, and in managing teams.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
- Experience in Restful Web API design
- Experience in NodeJS/Java ecosystem with a good understanding of asynchronous/synchronous programming
- Experience in frontend technology such as ReactJS with a good understanding in frontend state management and side-effect handling
- Experience in relational or NoSQL database design, querying and performance tuning
- Familiarity with working in a Scrum Agile delivery environment.
- Possesses technical knowledge and skills in test data management.
- Familiarity with Machine Learning will be an added advantage.
- Familiarity with DevOps practices and experience working with Cloud IaaS or PaaS providers such as AWS.
- Familiarity with Quality Engineering process and practices.
Why you should join Sysco LABS:
- An attractive base compensation and benefits package which is comfortably above market rates.
- The opportunity to work with high caliber individuals across the organization.
- Technical training and soft skills development programmes.
- Fast career growth, recognition and senior leadership opportunities for good performers.
- A flexible, diverse and entrepreneurial work environment and a fun work culture that celebrates success regularly.