The candidate in this position will be responsible for overseeing the following job responsibilities in our Corporate Banking Unit.
- Drive the development and implementation of the Structured Finance business plan, giving special focus on Project Lending, Offshore and ESG Lending areas.
- Understand the target market, customer needs and structure suitable credit packages and win customer mandates.
- Maintain customer relationships with regular client visits and project inspection calls and ensure optimum risk management.
- Identify and market new relationships in line with the Bank’s and unit’s strategy.
- Lead the “Deal Team” that secures lead arranger mandates for large and complex funding opportunities and work with peer Banks to raise funding.
- Enhance NTB’s market share and maximize the profitability of the Corporate Banking portfolio.
- Prepare Credit Approvals as per laid down processes.
- Coordinate the complex legal documentation processes amongst various internal and external parties, often involving foreign jurisdictions.
- Be vigilant of customer portfolio movements, market & industry behavior and take appropriate measures to align facility risk limits.
- Ensure SLAs are adhered on transaction processing and review/streamline processes constantly.
- Adhere to the Bank’s procedures so as to ensure that there are no adverse comments from internal audits, external audits and audits done by regulatory bodies.
- Deputize for the AVP and oversee the Institutional Banking functions coming under the AVP as required.
- Lead, guide and motivate staff to create a professional and performance driven culture.
- Minimum 8 Years working experience in banks (of which 2 years at Manager level in Corporate Banking area) with a full / part qualification bachelor’s or master’s degree in finance or professional qualification in finance (CIMA/ACCA/ACA/CMA/CFA or similar,
- Experience in an Investment Bank of the Investment Banking / Corporate Finance arm of a commercial bank will be an added advantage.
- Excellent analytical skills in finance & negotiation skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Excellent credit evaluation and writing skills
- Understanding of the local and global markets and being up to date on market information and developments
- Thorough understanding of credit products
- Ability to work under pressure of strong demands and timelines