John Keells Holdings PLC (JKH) is Sri Lanka’s largest listed conglomerate in the Colombo Stock Exchange. From managing hotels and resorts in Sri Lanka and the Maldives to providing port, marine fuel and logistics services to IT solutions, manufacturing of food and beverages to running a chain of supermarkets, tea broking to stock broking, life insurance and banking to real estate, we have made our presence felt in virtually every major sphere of the economy.
Our business built over 150 years touches nearly every major sector of the economy. We generate a significant quantum of data, and we intend to use it to build the future of our businesses. Our Digital and Analytics insights can positively disrupt life for all Sri Lankans and our commitment to passion and excellence will help to deliver superior value to customers, our people, and the community.
OCTAVE will be the cornerstone of our data-driven strategic and operational decisions!
Team OCTAVE will solve JKH’s most intractable problems across industry verticals by building pipelines using Python and Azure data factory to work on one of the country’s richest data lakes, building and implementing complex machine learning algorithms that will impact millions of Sri Lankans.
As a Senior Machine Learning Engineer at OCTAVE, you will play a pivotal role in developing and deploying innovative machine learning models and algorithms. You will work closely with our cross-functional team of data scientists, data engineers, domain experts, and clients to create solutions that address complex business challenges.
- Design, develop, and implement machine learning algorithms and models to solve real-world problems.
- Optimize machine learning engineering models and pipelines, and ensure scalability of the models in the production environment.
- Implement state-of-the-art MLOPS best practices at Octave, including, but not limited to, feature store, model monitoring, model management, experiment tracker, automated CI/CD, etc.
- Research and develop state-of-the-art AI/DL/ML techniques, algorithms, and tools. Introduce those to Octave.
- Deploy machine learning models into production environments, ensuring scalability and reliability.
- Continuously monitor and evaluate model performance, making necessary adjustments to maintain performance, accuracy and effectiveness.
- Collaborate with data scientists, data engineers, and delivery teams to understand business requirements and translate them into technical solutions.
- Stay up to date with the latest developments in machine learning and contribute to the company's knowledge base through research and experimentation.
- Maintain comprehensive documentation of models, code, and processes for future reference.
- Discuss, contribute ideas, give meaningful code reviews and communicate accurately and effectively.
Skills and Competencies:
- A bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, machine learning, artificial intelligence, software engineering, mathematics, or a related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of hands-on experience in machine learning model development and deployment.
- Hands-on experience in MLOPS tools and best practices.
- In-depth knowledge of PySpark and possess the ability to optimize PySpark programs in a cluster environment.
- Proficiency in Python and familiarity with libraries such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, sci-kit-learn, and Keras.
- Experience with deploying machine learning models in production environments, including containerization and cloud services.
- A passion for staying updated on the latest developments in machine learning and a commitment to continuous learning and improvement.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to tackle complex data challenges.
- A collaborative mindset and the ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment.
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and present findings to non-technical stakeholders.
- Take full ownership and responsibility for the projects assigned, ensuring the completion of the projects on time without compromising the quality of the project.
- Ability to train and lead juniors.
Want to learn more about Octave? Check out https://www.keells.com/octave/