Reporting directly to the head of engineering in Sri Lanka, the lead software engineer will be participating in building Poka’s engineering department in Sri Lanka. This is a unique opportunity to build a team from the ground up and have a direct impact on the global manufacturing landscape.
During the first 6 months, the lead software engineer will learn Poka product, architecture, software, best practices, and processes.
During the second half of the year, the team will expand with software engineers and senior engineers. Our goal is to create at least two engineering teams before the end of the first year. The lead software engineer will be responsible for training the team. Both engineering teams in Sri Lanka will start impacting Poka’s product.
During the second year, each engineering team will become the owner of a Poka module. They will own the development of new features, maintenance, technical improvement, and deployment of the module.
To be successful you will likely have:
- University degree, or equivalent professional qualifications
- 8 years plus of experience building mobile application for an enterprise software
- Knowledge of iterative software development, including agile methodologies
- Knowledge of modern software engineering principles including but not limited to shift-left, testing pyramid, cloud computing, CI/CD, distributed architecture and feature flags.
- Experience with Swift and Objective C
- Experience making, presenting, debating and documenting architectural decision
- Experience in participating in the interview process. You have an high bar for talent and you expect working in a high performance environment
- Comfortable presenting to software engineers, managers and senior engineering leadership
- Experience working with startup based in North America is a plus
- Experience building a engineering department in Sri Lanka from scratch is a plus