Senior Engineer - Autonomation - Slimtex, Kuliyapitiya
Over the last three and a half decades - MAS Intimates has differentiated itself in the global fashion industry through its innovation mindset, strong technical competency, and sustainability initiative. Join our team of changemakers and be the forefront of transformation and innovation as we are on the lookout for a dedicated individual to join the planning team as an Senior Executive-Autonomation Engineer. This role will require you to lead development of autonomation solutions for manufacturing value chain to meet defined performance parameters adhering to set Return of Investment (ROI) targets. Research and innovate new technological platforms related to autonomation.
- Collect data on operation cycle times, applicable quantity etc. to calculate return of investment (ROI), degree of automation and viability in proposed projects.
- Finalize final design concepts after using various information gathering tools and processes such as brainstorming sessions, expert advice, market research etc.
- Lead Computer Aided Design to design related mechanical, pneumatic systems in machines and control system wiring in automated machines.
- Lead development of flowcharts & State Machine diagrams of machines according to its desired functionality and perform control system programming and debugging.
- Lead fabrication of mechanical systems and wiring and manufacture of electrical/electronic control systems.
- Lead design and development of Printed Circuit Boards for automated machine control systems.
- Perform in-house and factory testing and validate requirements related to quality of the product, easiness of the user & operator, reliability of machine etc.
- Prepare machine user manuals and perform basic training for the machine users.
- Lead transferring of machine technical details to Bulk Manufacturing Department to mass produce the machine for other factories within MAS.
- Research and innovate new systems in relation to textile manufacturing autonomation.
- Demonstrate sound project Management skills by working on more than multiple projects that may require the need to liaise with cross functional teams, multiple factories and external stakeholders in order to ensure delivery of projects to the set plan.
- Guide and Supervise Executives whilst actively engaging in knowledge sharing & sharing of best practices such that teams have the required skills and competencies to achieve set objectives.
- Lead in motivating the team while supporting management in monitoring/providing feedback, identifying development plans in order to enhance team performance and capabilities to better cater to current and future business requirements.
- Develop autonomation systems to support manufacturing strategy.
- Lead conducting of regular market surveys to identify impactful technologies & Solutions to the business.
- Lead solution commercialization adhering to Engineering validation testing (EVT), Design Validation Testing (DVT) and Production Validation testing (PVT) guidelines.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Engineering Degree with 2-4 years of experience, showcasing expertise in pneumatic, mechanical, and electrical control systems.
- Proven ability to lead and supervise executives, demonstrating strong project management skills with a focus on stakeholder engagement.
- Proficient in mechanical system design, simulation, and prototyping, along with competent electrical system design, simulation, wiring, and programming for PLC and embedded systems.
- Skilled in PCB design and manufacturing, as well as pneumatic circuits design and implementation, highlighting a comprehensive understanding of electronic and mechanical components.
- Strong software development skills for creating Graphical User Interfaces, coupled with good Industrial Engineering skills, rounding out a well-rounded skill set for diverse engineering projects.