Senior Designer (Hanwella)
With a vision to be the most compelling swimwear supplier in the world, MAS joined hands with Speedo International (UK) back in 2001, to form Linea Aqua - which has now grown into the force behind some of the world’s leading swimwear brands.
We are looking for a driven and dynamic individual to join our Linea Aqua team based in Hanwella as a ‘Senior Designer’ to assist Head of design in research of new fashion trends in relation to swimwear and then practically applies those designs in an innovative form by working with patternmakers, sample room and customers, whilst fulfilling customer expectation creatively as per given timelines
- Assist the Head of design in research of prints, shapes, and predictions for upcoming seasons on commercial level innovatively.
- Liaise with customers after marketing trips and follow up on customer interests
- Constantly research all customers’ behaviors and keep up to date with their vision, company strategy and position in the global market.
- Prepare mood boards using current and correct research material that will be showcased to the customer to assist in their design process.
- Travel for tradeshows and store sourcing when requires by the business for new swimwear trends, colors, customers’ awareness and competitor analysis.
- Visit and attend local Trim/Embellishments suppliers, subcontractors and understand their capabilities, history in the market, profile whilst submitting technical data and other specifications.
- Liaise with internal departments such as cutting, sample room in order to obtain a productive output to make the final sample.
- Develop detail formats and layout pages for customer submissions, design to sample information and understand the importance of saving all documentation in a chronological and systematic manner.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Degree in Textile Engineering or Designing or any other relevant field.
- 3-4 years of work experience in a similar capacity.
- Visionary with negotiation skills.
- Ability to influence others and a good command of the English language.