Union Assurance is a leading corporate and one of the fastest growing entities in the Life Insurance industry backed by the strength and stability of John Keells Holdings PLC, one of Sri Lanka's largest conglomerates. For the 9th consecutive year, the company has received the GPTW certification as a ‘Best Employer Brand,' and in 2020 was awarded the ‘Global Employer Brand’ by the World HRD Congress.
The Job Role:
A unique opportunity exists for a professional with a passion for Data Engineering. In this role, you will design and support data pipelines (data lake and data warehouses) to enable advanced analytics and develop data pipelines that help transport data from source systems to storage.
- Develop pipelines that extract, transform, and load data from sources to target storage and maintain data architectures as per the business requirements.
- Ensure adherence to the relevant data engineering and data modelling processes and procedures; also oversee and support the implementation of the company's data engineering process for a data-driven architecture.
- Support in designing and building an infrastructure for extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide range of data sources.
- Maintain data pipelines using ETL processes, gather requirements, assess gaps and define ETL / ELT based on jointly defined requirements.
- Test the structures to ensure that they are fit for use and support maintenance, bug fixing and performance analysis along the data pipeline.
- Work with the senior team to conceptualize and generate infrastructure that allows big data to be accessed and analyzed, and develop working relationships with peers across other engineering teams.
- Assist in the implementation of the data platform required for IFRS 17 to achieve compliance.
- Adhere to timelines for completing the tasks as per the defined schedule
- Explore suitable options, design, and create data pipelines (data lake/data warehouses) for specific analytical solutions
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree with Information Technology specialization.
- Minimum 03-05 years of experience in similar capacity.
- Sound knowledge in data warehousing, building data pipelines, SQL, Python/R and Azure technologies.
- Good analytical, quality focus and Attention to detail is mandatory.