What we do:
Kognitiv empowers global brands to redefine loyalty through advanced data activation and multi-enterprise collaboration.
Founded in 2008, Kognitiv is challenging brands to redefine how they engage with their customers and deliver meaningful experiences that earn their lifetime loyalty.
In June 2020, Kognitiv and Aimia’s Loyalty Solutions came together to create a data and technology-led business, employing people across 20 countries worldwide. With 200+ clients and partners in more than 50 markets globally, Kognitiv is removing the complexity of cultivating loyalty, data, and partnerships, so brands can deliver enhanced value, personalization, and experiences to today’s consumers, right where they are.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Review requirements, specifications, and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases using Jira and X-Ray
- Estimate, prioritize, plan, and coordinate testing activities
- Design, develop and execute automation test packs
- Identify, record, thoroughly document, and track bugs
- Perform extensive regression testing for release certification and bug resolution
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements
- Analyze test results of varying complexity and offer observations for improvement and/or resolution.
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions
Stay up to date with new testing tools and test strategies
Who are you?
The QA Engineer is part of the Testing Centre of Excellence (TCOE) and works closely with product owners, development teams, and other members of the TCOE.
QA Engineers participate in backlog refinements to ensure that all requirements are being captured; develop test cases, create, review, and maintain manual and automated test cases, with the ability to perform demos; provide the status of the testing tasks and the progress during team stand-ups. They are responsible for logging and organizing bugs in Jira, ensuring that the standards and requirements of our software application are being met, and being an advocate for the client and end-user
Background And Experience
- Minimum 3+ years of software automation experience
- Experience in working as part of a Scrum team and using supporting apps (Jira) to deliver software in an Agile fashion
- Understanding of the entire software development life cycle, test cycles (Unit, Regression, Functional, Systems, Stress & Scale, Smoke & Sanity), and CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Azure DevOps) and concepts.
- Experienced in UI & SOAP/REST API automation ranging from tool identification to implementation to maintenance of automation test suites.
- Experience creating and maintaining automated tests using Java-based API test frameworks (Jest, REST Assured, Spock, Junit)
- Familiarity with writing and executing E2E automated tests
- Familiarity with operating and troubleshooting within popular web browsers
- Knowledge of SQL database concepts and proven ability to understand and write queries.
- Understanding of multi-tier web application architecture and deployment
- Understanding of existing QA best practices and methodologies to design, implement and automate processes
- Experience coordinating with external departments and stakeholders
- Prior success using a metrics-driven approach and closed-loop feedback to improve software deliverables and improve the predictability and reliability of releases
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, extremely responsive, and able to meet deadlines while prioritizing a large number of tasks
- Detailed and effective written communication skills for documenting the features tested and bugs found
- Self-motivated, works well independently and with others
- Demonstrates modesty and humility
- High levels of conscientiousness
- Good command of the English language
An excellent communicator, with the ability and confidence to build both outstanding peer-to-peer relationships and gain internal support.
We are a passionate, innovative organization with just over 250 team members globally and we are looking for exceptional people to come and join us. This is an exciting opportunity to work for an international business, in a high-energy environment with a collaborative, smart, and passionate team. If you like the sound of us and the role: get in touch!
Here at Kognitiv, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it! Greater diversity means greater variation in ways of thinking, perspectives, and approach. And we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees and our clients. Kognitiv is committed to creating an inclusive environment and all employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, fit and business need.
We always welcome international candidates to apply providing they are eligible to work and live in Sri Lanka