Job Location: Colombo, Western Province, Sri Lanka
The Programme Officer provides support for team administration and planning, as well as holding responsibility for resource acquisition and management for Private Non-Sponsorship (PNS) and small institutional funding opportunities.
- Effectively manage the proposal development process to deliver a quality proposal package.
- Establish and properly brief Bid Team on the opportunity synopsis and donor guidelines.
- Practice effective Project Cycle Management (PCM) to ensure donor requirements are met and stakeholder expectations are well-managed.
- Effectively plan and facilitate kick off meetings and contribute to start up workshops for approved projects to ensure successful hand over to Operations and/ or other divisions with responsibility for implementation.
- Facilitate effective and collaborative grant management processes and monitor project progress in order to ensure grants are successful in meeting objectives, timelines, budgets and expected quality in line with approved project design and donor and internal compliance requirements.
- Regularly check donor and funding websites for new opportunities in line with World Vision Lanka’s strategy. • Support the Director with business planning processes.
- Establish, coordinate, and maintain shared information management systems.
- Coordinate workshops by drafting agendas, managing communications and overseeing logistical preparation
Required qualifications, experience & competencies
- Bachelor’s Degree in International Development, Human Rights, Business Management, Marketing, or relevant field.
- Two (2) years of experience in donor relations and/ or coordinating grants acquisition and management for institutional donors.
- Demonstrable prior successes in Project Cycle Management (PCM) and overseeing grant processes through log frame, budget, progress monitoring.
- Excellent written and spoken skills in English
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.