About the Role!
Please note that there is no immigration support associated with this requisition.
We are looking for a Program Specialist to bring efficiency to a multi-dimensional team. Conceptualization, documentation, deployment and creating efficient, scalable systems is the team's thing. People love working with us because we make everyone's life easier.
Representing the frontline of our driver side of business, and work closely with cross-functional regional partners (Ops, Legal, Comms, Policy and City teams) to bring our products and strategy to life in-market.
This is an opportunity to be part of Uber's IndiaSA CommOps team and work with a team that's responsible for several drivers facing programs.
Work closely with several stakeholders to make sure that the scope and direction of each project are on schedule, and meeting the objective it was designed for. Required to skilfully multitask. We have a small but highly capable and motivated team that drives driver support, onboarding, retention, engagement, & maintaining safety and quality of rides. As a member of this team, comfortable in an "all hands on deck" environment, able to operate and coordinate across multiple teams, be flexible yet outspoken, and thrive in a constantly evolving environment. ---- Basic Qualifications ---
- What the Candidate Will Do ---
- Partner with internal cross functional stakeholders in operations, product, city & central teams, Policy to get a strong understanding of the project & business challenges & translate them into clear objectives
- Based on insights from Uber's central marketing/operations teams, adapt, localize, and/or amplify initiatives to align with regional strategy, taking into account local specifics and culture
- Participate in strategic brainstorming, conceptualisation, research development and creative execution
- Collaborate with third party vendors for results
- Coordinate with multiple teams for regional and central level projects to be able to supervise, support and secure on-time project completion which deals with quality and service improvements, creating and improving capabilities, data analytics, migrations, people initiatives, reporting improvements, process standardisation as well as keeping track of plans, quality, and timelines for such activities
- Provide estimated work efforts, identify project breakthroughs and handle vital resources accordingly, while driving adherence and compliance with deadlines on results as assigned to projects
- Track progress, understand dependencies, communicate status to upper management and project collaborators, and facilitate and coordinate schedules for meeting either locally or across network sites
- Proactively work to remove obstacles and enable forward momentum and progress. Manage partner concerns and provide support to teams balancing competing priorities.
Analytical skills to be able to solve problems that may come up during a typical workday.
Graduate: Bachelor's Degree, completed professional qualification or equivalent experience (completion or pursuing a Master's degree would be an added advantage)
Experience: 2-4 years experience as a program / project manager / associate in a consumer-facing, a management consulting firm, investment banking, internet, FMCG industries
Team player: Ability to work with remote teams to develop strategies and cultivate a cohesive and creative work environment
Communication: Excellent written and verbal communication skills, impeccable grammar, punctuation and command over English, Tamil & Sinhala language. Ability to express ideas, concepts in writing RFC and SOP documents
What the Candidate Will Do ---
Creativity: Conceptual thinker and believes in crafting new ideas
Go-getter demeanor: Strong stakeholder leadership skills & comfortable with ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
Prioritization: Excellent organisational skills to juggle many tasks without losing sight of the highest priority items. Ability to stay focused under pressure, prioritising and managing and/or supporting multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
Problem Solver: Ability to understand sophisticated concepts and work across multiple functions and teams. Demonstrate initiative, persistence, ability to problem solve, and passion for learning new skills.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber's cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at the least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with the recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.
Accommodations may be available based on religious and/or medical conditions, or as required by applicable law. To request an accommodation, please get in touch with email@example.com .