Unilever is currently hiring for Plant Engineer - Soaps
Function: Supply Chain
Reports to: Manufacturing Manager - Soaps
Scope: Local scope
Location: Sri Lanka
Terms & Conditions: Full-time
With 3.4 billion people in over 190 countries using our products every day, Unilever is a business that makes a real impact on the world. Work on brands that are loved and improve the lives of our consumers and the communities around us. We are driven by our purpose: to make sustainable living commonplace, and it is our belief that doing business the right way drives superior performance. At the heart of what we do is our people – we believe that when our people work with purpose, we will create a better business and a better world.
At Unilever, your career will be a unique journey, grounded in our inclusive, collaborative, and flexible working environment. We don’t believe in the ‘one size fits all’ approach and instead we will equip you with the tools you need to shape your own future.
Unilever is the place where you can bring your purpose to life with the work that you do – creating a better business and a better world. If you are passionate to work in the frontline Supply Chain factory team of Unilever Sri Lanka while being responsible to ensure to implement and practice end to end Planned maintenance pillar including PM strategy with the support of the team while achieving the set Engineering KPIs, then this role is just for you!
You will report to the Manufacturing Manager – Soaps.
What Will Your Main Responsibilities Be
- Deployment of UMS methodology of professional maintenance and Autonomous maintenance pillar activities for the Home care & Personal Care bars (Laundry, Skin cleansing) and Talc manufacturing and packing processes.
Review of emergency work orders, Root cause analysis of breakdowns, drive corrective and preventive action plans,
- To achieve " zero production stoppages" due to machine breakdowns
- To optimize repair & maintenance expenditure
- To increase machine reliability
- To increase knowledge of technicians and plant operators
- Budget forecasting for machine overhaul and routing maintenance activities in line with Unilever regional and global guidelines, communications with relevant authorities for budget approval, operational controls for proper utilization of approved budgets, coordination with factory engineer and manufacturing manager and periodic review for optimum utilizations.
- Implementation of safety standards through implementation of process, equipment and behavioural safety protocols in line with Unilever guidelines and local legislations for full compliance leading to safer working place. Educate the entire manufacturing team through continuous engagement for better understanding and knowledge improvement leading to behavioural culture change.
- Responsible for implementation of quality standards in the plant in line with Unilever guidelines and local legislations for full compliance of consumer quality standards. Analysis of product complaints related to personal product plant, take actions for corrective / improvements, monitoring the progress of actions and necessary regular progress update.
- Responsible for implementation of engineering activities for execution of innovation projects within the budget in line with agreed innovation network plan. This includes the best utilization of existing machines as well as introduction of new technologies in consultation with category SUIT manager and regional category technology teams.
- Responsible for skill gap analysis of subordinates and driving actions to develop knowledge / skills on Engineering, Production, Safety, Health & Environment, Quality, Operations Management and General Management in consultation with the Manufacturing Manager, Factory Engineer and HR – Business partner.
- Implement projects in line with factory sustainability road map for reduction of energy, water, RM/PM waste and solid / liquid effluent waste of the entire soap plant. Continuously implement best practices for achieving factory sustainability targets.
- Ensure to follow Unilever mandatory policies such as Safety, Health, Environment, Quality, Travel safety, Code of business principles.
- Ensure availability of critical spares for the responsible plants in the engineering stores by closely monitoring and working with the Engineering stores manager.
What You Need To Succeed
Experiences & Qualifications
- Be a graduate in Chemical/Mechanical Engineering, possessing comprehensive understanding on manufacturing procedures & practices.
- Have 7-10 years of similar experience in supply chain background, prior experience in FMCG manufacturing will be an added advantage.
- Be strong assertive leader with the ability to collaborate with multiple internal & external stakeholders.
Possess good analytical thinking & problem-solving skills.
- Mechanical/Chemical Engineering
- Managing Manufacturing Performance
- Manufacturing Technology
- Technical Design Principles
- Problem Solving
- Change Management
- Agile Delivery
- Stakeholder Management
- You are energized by delivering fantastic results. You are an example to others – both your results and your resilience. You are constantly on the lookout for better ways to do things, engaging and collaborating with others along the way.
- As an individual you are the one responsible for your own wellbeing and delivering high standards of work. You must also focus on the Consumer and what they need. You are humble and have your head up, looking around to interpret evidence and data smartly, spot issues and opportunities to make things better.
Critical SOL (Standards of Leadership) Behaviors
- PASSION FOR HIGH PERFORMANCE: Takes personal responsibility and accountability for execution and results. Has an owner’s mindset, using data and insight to make decisions.
- PERSONAL MASTERY: Sets high standards for themselves. Actively builds own wellbeing and resilience.
- CONSUMER LOVE: Whatever their role, always looks for better ways to serve consumers. Invests time inside and outside to understand the needs of consumers.
- PURPOSE & SERVICE: Has humility, understanding that leadership is service to others, inside and outside Unilever.
- AGILITY: Explores the world around them, continually learning and developing their skills.
Unilever embraces diversity and encourages applicants from all walks of life! This means giving full and fair consideration to all applicants and continuing development of all employees regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership, and pregnancy and maternity.
Read our recruitment policy here.
Unilever is an organization committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.