Mad Mobile is leading the charge in building the next generation of retail and restaurant experiences. In today's rapidly evolving market, customer expectations continue to change, and Mad Mobile is at the forefront of innovation. We empower customers to engage and purchase from brands seamlessly, whether they're in-store, outside the four walls, or on the go. Our platform already supports some of the biggest brands, and we're always looking for new ways to engage with Customers, increase in-store productivity and ultimately drive transactional value. If you're passionate about creating exceptional experiences and shaping the future of retail and restaurants, Mad Mobile is the place for you!
About the Role:
As an Engineering Manager, you will lead a team of talented developers in creating innovative and user-centric front-end solutions. Your role will involve guiding the team through the development lifecycle, fostering collaboration, and ensuring the successful delivery of high-quality, performant, and scalable products.
In this role, you will:
- Lead and mentor a team of front-end developers, fostering a culture of excellence, collaboration, and continuous improvement. Provide guidance on technical challenges and career development.
- Collaborate with product managers, designers, and other engineering teams to define project scopes, prioritize tasks, and ensure timely delivery of front-end solutions aligned with business goals.
- Stay abreast of industry trends, best practices, and emerging technologies in front-end development. Apply this knowledge to drive technical decisions and improve development processes.
- Establish and enforce coding standards, best practices, and review processes to maintain high-quality, maintainable, and performant code.
- Drive the architectural decisions for front end systems, ensuring scalability, reusability, and efficiency while balancing short-term needs and long-term vision.
- Foster a collaborative environment within the team and across departments. Communicate effectively with stakeholders, providing project updates, timelines, and addressing concerns.
- Recruit, onboard, and develop top talent. Cultivate a diverse and inclusive team environment that encourages creativity, innovation, and knowledge sharing.
We are looking for someone who has:
- 10 + years of experience in engineering roles, with progressive responsibilities and managing technical teams.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent work experience).
- Proven experience in leading and managing high-performing engineering teams.
- Ability to prioritize, plan, and execute projects effectively, balancing technical and business requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to convey complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities to address technical challenges and drive innovative solutions.
You may be a good fit if you have these additional skills and/or educational background:
- Experience with responsive design principles and mobile-first development.
- Experience with performance optimization and web accessibility standards.
Our core values:
- Customer – WE believe that our customers deserve the best from us every day.
- Accountability – WE take ownership and make things happen.
- Teamwork – WE win as a team and have fun doing it.
- Innovation – WE innovate, inspire, and ignite the future!
- Integrity – WE are honest, ethical, and trustworthy.
Why Mad Mobile?
Mad Mobile is the #38 fastest-growing company in Florida and #9 on the Tampa Bay Times Top 100 Workplace List. We’re proud of our culture and promote diversity and a healthy work-life balance.
What about the benefits, you ask?
- Enjoy the advantage of salaries pegged to the US dollar, addressing your concerns regarding the varying cost of living.
- We pay for performance, going beyond market rates for deserving individuals.
- Our benefits package includes OPD and Hospitalization coverage for you and your family, providing you with peace of mind and access to quality healthcare when you need it the most.
- Embrace work-life balance with our flexible hybrid working patterns.
Amazing value beyond your day job,
- Join our active engagement clubs to enjoy a variety of engaging events and activities designed to foster team spirit, creating lasting memories.
- As we are not offshore, you will be part of a global organization that maintains a multicultural, diversified, and open culture with opportunities to work on-site in our US headquarters.
- You will have access to continuous learning, training programs, skill workshops, and resources to upskill your talent.
- You will have the opportunity to fast-track your career, as we open up new and exciting opportunities within the organization.