Overview and Objectives of the Position:
The Lecturer in Marketing is responsible for teaching and learning in both pre-university and university programs (Bachelor and Postgraduate levels). The role includes the preparation and delivery of coursework materials, liaison with Unit Coordinators, involvement in student development, administrative and academic support duties and academic leadership in their field of expertise. As an AACSB accredited business school, lecturers must maintain appropriate research. ECU School of Business and Law currently run 8 research clusters, which you will be involved with one or more of.
In the Bachelor of Commerce, we currently offer 3 majors in Sri Lanka - management, international business and marketing. We are currently looking for those with expertise and research in Marketing.
Key Result Areas:
Teaching and Learning
- Conduct learning activities online, distributed or face-to-face as appropriate, which foster student learning in pre-university, undergraduate and postgraduate units to both full-time and part-time students.
- Liaise with the respective Unit Coordinators at Edith Cowan University or Edith Cowan College for the appropriate management of unit teaching and learning activities.
- Assess, mark and manage students' assessments, including final examination, as specified by the school.
- Provide leadership in innovative curriculum design and improvement, development of learning materials, assessments and pedagogical innovation.
- Monitor all components of teaching and learning for quality including unit and course design, assessment and student progression, and academic standards.
- Provide leadership through activities that have broad influence on the profession and ensure effective implementation of teaching and learning policies.
- Provide leadership in moderation and unit and course assessment planning and delivery.
- Supervise the program of study of honours students of postgraduate students engaged in coursework and HDR students, as appropriate.
Research and scholarship
- Undertake research as appropriate to the field of study.
- Translate knowledge of advances in the subject area into research activity.
- Continually update knowledge and understanding in the field or specialism and develop skills.
- Develop research objectives and proposals for own or joint research.
- Make presentations at national and international conferences and similar events.
- Write up research work for publication with reference to AACSB or other relevant faculty requirements.
- Prepare proposals and applications to external bodies, eg for funding and contractual purposes
- Determine the learning needs of students and provide appropriate teaching and learning support to demonstrate the intended learning outcomes.
- Provide academic consultation sessions to students in need.
- Provide assistance to students with academic enquiries.
- Assist with invigilation both during progressive assessment and during end of semester examinations.
- Maintain maintenance activity points to fulfil AACSB or other relevant faculty requirements.
- Mentor less experienced staff and contribute to the professional development of teaching staff.
- Comply with Edith Cowan University and ECU Sri Lanka policies and procedures, and relevant legislation.
- Model a high standard of professional behaviour consistent with the University Code of Conduct and Vision, Mission and Values.
- Contribute to academic services, fostering collegiality and engagement, including efficient management of internal service roles.
- Contribute to activities relevant to the discipline/profession and community engagement by Edith Cowan University Sri Lanka such as orientation of new students, graduation, campus open days or other promotional or industry events.
Any other duties as assigned by the Dean of Academic Programs.
Qualifications and Selection Criteria
A doctoral qualification in a relevant discipline with five years' relevant teaching experience.
- A record of successful classroom teaching/lecturing at the tertiary level.
- Proven experience in the teaching of students from diverse cultures.
- Ability to work as a member of a team and to meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated and a proven self-starter.
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in working in an international education environment.
- Member of a related professional body.
- Fluency in a second language.