Some careers have more impact than others.
If you’re looking for a role where you can continue to make an impression, take the next step at HSBC where your contributions will always be valued.
Global Trade and Receivables Finance (GTRF) comprises over 4,500 people across more than 60 countries, helping suppliers and buyers with their export and import finance needs. Trade is where HSBC began in 1865, when we financed commerce between Europe, North America and Asia.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join our team in the role of GTRF Operations Officer.
- Maintain and improve the delivery of “superior” customer service by actively driving operational performance, ensuring accurate and timely processing of Letters of Credit, DC Document Checking, GTRF Loan processing, Shipping and Bank Guarantees, and Handling the Document Management.
- Ensure that the customer is at the heart of everything we do both personally and as an organization by embracing a customer centric culture
- Apply technical knowledge and experience towards resolution of any technical issues, by using knowledge of UCP600/ISBP745/URDG758/URC522 and remaining abreast of latest commercial practices
- Build and maintain good working relationships with stakeholders
- Follow audit procedures, compliance policies and guidelines in order to avoid all potential risks
- Support the development of a cohesive team. Contribute to a positive and open working environment.
- Proactively seek out opportunities to reduce direct costs and improve transaction efficiency
- Ability to digest complex policies and procedures.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be self-motivated, proactive and flexible with an ability to deliver time-challenged and high-responsibility asks.
- Knowledge of UCP600, ISBP 745, URR725, URC522, URDG 758, and related legal guidelines and opinions.
- Expertise in Import/Export DC Document Checking and Trade qualifications would be an added advantage.
When applying, please submit a full resume
You’ll achieve more at HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.