#Greatmindsdontthinkalike: At Uber, we take pride in our diversity and working environment that sees you as more than just a person who can do the job, but an outstanding individual who can level up our organization with a perspective only you can offer. Uber provides a truly open culture that encourages all to voice their thoughts.
About the Role!
Earners are our most important customers, and we're building an outstanding experience for them in our cities. Greenlight Hubs help new earners get on the road for the first time, build engagement with the platform over time, and provide a home base for the drive partner community. Our hubs are a one-stop shop for earners to get activated, receive support, and learn more about Uber.
Our Greenlight Manager leads the strategic vision and financial performance of our in-person support centres. In this role, you will lead, mentor and develop a team of Greenlight Supervisors and Greenlight Experts to provide the best possible customer support for new and existing earners on Uber. Your team will go far beyond solving issues; they will identify root causes, call out pervasive problems, develop vendor relationships, lead the launch of new locations, and work on innovative partnerships to improve the earner experience.
Most importantly, your staff will take pride in being the face of Uber our earners and will treat every support interaction as an opportunity to build a better connection between Uber and the earner community. Fostering strong relationships within the broader local community in which the Greenlight Hubs reside is also important, as is the physical presence of the Uber brand.
You will work together with the city/ central operations teams and other cross-functional teams make sure your Greenlight Hubs are meeting their market's needs in terms of supply growth, earner engagement, and any other local events or needs.
What The Candidate Will Do
- Lead the 'Uber Brand' experience in the Greenlight Hubs by cultivating it and augmenting it with local details
- Own the success metrics for profitability, operational efficiency, and customer satisfaction scores
- Optimize our in-person earner operations based on needs for supply growth and engagement
- Deliver on the business critical strategic programs
- Lead the budget for the Greenlight locations in your territory
- Strengthen performance through process development and innovation
- Run and lead complex cross-functional initiatives
- Influence other cross-functional teams to help implement your strategy and plan
- Clearly understand the Community Operations vs. Business Operations goals and their codependency
- Be the customer experience guide and provide customer interaction insights to your collaborators to influence and facilitate business decisions
Make our Greenlights extraordinary places to work by developing employee engagement action plans
- Work Experience: At least 4 years of meaningful experience in Customer Operations or Program/ Project management
- Team Management: Proven team management capability of mid-size team
- Stakeholder Management: Experience of managing cross-functional partners across functions and levels of the org to drive forward complex X-fn projects/ programs
- Program Management: Proven program/ project management capability of working on complex projects cutting across functions
- Ownership: You're a self-starter. You're ready for the autonomy that comes with building a new team within Uber with minimal oversight
- Executional Excellence: Ability to work and accomplish multiple tasks in parallel, delivering results in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment while maintaining high-quality work standards
- Analytical Skills: You're an analytical problem-solver. You quickly identify key metrics of success, digest complex data sets, and build data-driven action plans to respond to market conditions
- Communication: You're word-savvy and an excellent communicator. You're eloquent and able to strike the perfect tone, whether you're responding to inquiries or explaining a new policy
Perseverance: You stay poised and calm. You follow through on tasks and view challenges as opportunities. You're process-oriented. You have outstanding interpersonal skills and constantly look to keep improving systems
- High-growth operations experience
- Managed large teams (20+ folks) spread across locations
- Strong understanding of SQL and analytical capabilities
An entrepreneurial mentality, passion for building things, working towards a shared goal, and ownership of outcomes
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber's cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.
- Accommodations may be available based on religious and/or medical conditions, or as required by applicable law. To request an accommodation, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org .