Some careers have more impact than others.
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you’ll be.
HSBC is one of the largest banking and financial services organisations in the world, with operations in 64 countries and territories. We aim to be where the growth is, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper, and, ultimately, helping people to fulfil their hopes and realise their ambitions.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join our team in the role of Fund Administrator
In this role, you will:
- Preparing the Financial Statements as mentioned above, in accordance with relevant accounting standards for the respective country, i.e. IFRS or US GAAP or Local GAAPs as applicable and within strict timelines (FRS102 in the case of UK Authorized Investment Funds)
- Performing other activities such as Income Forecast, P&L Review, Amortisation Checks, Journals Posting, Special Dividends Check, Audit Queries etc. in addition to financial statements preparation
- Sound technical knowledge in accounting, funds and financial instruments to carry out work assigned. Sharing best practices and knowledge acquired with colleagues. Strive for continuous knowledge enhancement and improvement
- Expected to engage in the production work that involves preparation taking complete ownership of the deliverables and ensuring that they are delivered error free to the Jurisdiction within agreed time. Has to ensure that no terms of the PLA are breached in any way
- Ensuring Standard Operating Procedures are kept up to date
- Continuously strive for process improvements
- Ability to understand client and jurisdiction requirements and conform to them for all deliverables
- Analyze the MI data collated by the team on regular basis to detect trends and suggesting on improvisations
- Ability to work closely with peers and colleagues. Adapt and encourage teamwork. Ensure positive relationships are built and maintained within team, upstream and downstream teams as well as business partners.
- Support the Manager in the process and to work in perfect harmony to ensure service level excellence.
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements:
- Applicant should have significant progress towards a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting / Finance / Commerce or professional qualification such as CIMA, ACCA, or ACA
- Candidates with at least 1 Year of Work Experience in Accounting / Auditing are preferred
- Minimum 3 Passes for GCE Advance Level Examination
- Flexibility to work shift.
- Excellent communication skills – Written & Verbal
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Attention to details & high level of accuracy.
- Work on own initiative
- Knowledge on MS Excel is an added advantage
- Stakeholder Management working with Subject Matter Experts.
- Strong knowledge of Data Analytics and Prior experience in working with Reference Data systems is an added advantage
- Documentation governance including supporting all audit related requirements
- Ability to adapt to change, learn quickly and transfer knowledge appropriately
If interested, please apply for this position attaching a copy of your CV
Due to the urgent hiring need, candidates with immediate right to work locally and no relocation need will be prioritized.
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC
HSBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and, opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. We encourage applications from all suitably qualified persons irrespective of, but not limited to, their gender or genetic information, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, social status, medical care leave requirements, political affiliation, people with disabilities, colour, national origin, veteran status, etc., We consider all applications based on merit and suitability to the role. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by HSBC Electronic Data Processing (Lanka) Private LTD
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019- nCoV), we’re leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at the HSBC Group. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.