Union Assurance is a leading corporate and the fastest growing entity in the Life Insurance industry backed by the strength and stability of John Keells Holdings PLC, one of Sri Lanka's largest conglomerates. For the 9th consecutive year, the company has received the GPTW certification as a ‘Best Employer Brand,' and in 2020 was awarded the ‘Global Employer Brand’ by the World HRD Congress.
The person will assist in prompt, effective, and fair settlement of all valid corporate claims as per the delegation of authority based on the principles of insurance, providing a speedy and efficient service in settling claims and proper follow-up on all pending claims.
- Managing all administration aspects of the claim, including collecting accurate information and documents to proceed with claim to enable the achievement of business goals.
- Processing all the corporate claims within the given delegation (financial) authority limits and ensure that the policy conditions are met.
- Monitoring and tracking the progress of the claims and maintaining key records like working files, emails for reference and audit purpose.
- Comprehend and respond to customer inquiries and resolve issues as per guidelines and stipulated SLAs
- Investigating potentially fraudulent claims and highlighting to leadership.
- Adhere to legal requirements, industry regulations and customer quality SLAs and contributing to drive continuous process improvement
- Computing claim ratios
Qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor's degree in any discipline
- 03 - 05 years of experience in managing claims in the insurance industry
- Knowledge on unstructured & corporate claims handling Strong leadership and team management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, networking and communication skills required.
- Sound knowledge on Microsoft office packages (Advance technical knowledge in Microsoft Excel)
- Strong adaptability, ability to work under pressure and capacity to work in fast-paced environments.
- Ability to work independently and in a team-oriented environment