Ansell is a leading global provider of protection solutions. Our company designs, develops and manufactures a wide range of protection solutions that meet the ever-changing needs and demands of our markets and industries. Protection is our primary concern as millions of people around the world depend on Ansell in their professional and personal lives.
Our vision is to create a world where people can enjoy optimal protection against the risk they are exposed to. Whether at work or during their leisure time, people require the right protection for the right application. After all, what better guarantee is there than increased safety, security and productivity than through adequate protection.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Reporting to Plant General Manager this senior executive position is mainly responsible for coordinating administrative functions related to office management and Providing efficient personal assistance and correspondence support to Plant General Manager as necessary and take initiative in drafting replies where appropriate to ensure that all communications are dealt with efficiently. Incumbent is also responsible in managing the organization Janitorial and welfare function.
RESPONSIBILITIES & SPECIFIC ACCOUNTABILITIES
The incumbent is responsible for;
As an Administrative Assistant :
- Handling and following up Plant General Manager’s appointments
- Arranging Meetings/Agendas and taking Minutes
- Preparing and collating reports
- Arranging the Executive Company benefits such as Fuel Cards, ETC, and Corporate Credit Cards and managing the cancellations accordingly
- Arranging meals, cakes refreshments for every occasion when there is a requirement.
- Arranging venues and Refreshments for trainings,
- Taking care of visitor’s accommodation, transport and refreshments of visitors
- Taking care of welcoming visitors
- Arranging and taking care of all the Admin Pantry needs
- Coordinating with Secretaries and arranging Company Board Resolutions as and when required
- Documentation work of Finance Department and HR
- Organizing foreign travels of staff and taking care of the accommodation and expenses
- Drafting letters and handling documentation work of others as and when required
- Maintaining and organizing files
- Taking care of the yearly Subscriptions of the Organization such as National Chamber of Commerce, National Chamber of Exporters and EFC
- Ensures the smooth operation of equipment and calling for repairs if needed
- Helping the Supply Chain Department to arrange Tender Notices as and when required.
- Facilitating the Plant events
- Managing monthly invoices and arranging the payments for Hostel Rent, Sanitact Service charges, Gully cleaning charges, Fuel Cards & Credit card Payments & Janitorial payments
- Training and supervising the Receptionist and delegating work to her
- Handling a petty cash float
- Implementing new procedures and administrative systems
- Maintain compliance with all internal and external EHS rules, regulations and other Risk Management requirements.
- Actively use the safety calendar (or contribute to the activities prescribed in the supervisor’s/manager’s calendar) as an accountability tool to measure safety performance and to promote the development of a EHS culture.
- Follow the requirements of the 5-point safety charter
Compliance with EHS standards.
Compliance with QMS system
- Ensure that processes are delivering their intended outputs with complying to the ATL-QMS & responsible to implement, maintain & continuous development in relevant processes in accordance with ATL-QMS.
- Circulation of minutes of meetings.
- Circulation of instructions given by the management.
Qualification, Knowledge and experience
- Detailed knowledge of Ansell’s processes and systems
- Diploma in Secretarial practices from a recognized institution
- Excellent knowledge in modern office communication systems.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant industry experience, with 3 years at executive level
- Excellent English/Sinhala, written and spoken
- Team leadership, strategic thinking, business partnering, verbal and written communication, interpersonal understanding, impact and influence, holding people accountable, global organizational awareness, resilience, business acumen, cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Good leadership and interpersonal skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Responsible and proactive
- Customer service minded
- Numerate and analytical
- Organised and people oriented
- Self driven and result oriented
- Networker and motivator, team player
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Able to work in a multicultural environment
- Must be willing to travel overseas