Location: Colombo, Sri Lanka
Our mission is to unlock human potential. We welcome you for who you are, the background you bring, and we embrace individuals who get excited about learning. Bring your experiences, your perspectives, and your passion; it’s in our differences that we empower the way the world learns.
About the Role:
Engineer - End User Services will provide technical 24 x7 support (roster basis) for end user computing needs, providing specialist technical knowledge for supporting incidents and requests submitted into the End User Services team. This role will provide timely and accurate response to customer requests and deliver a pro-active, high quality, customer focused IT support service, with timely assistance and consistent follow-up and communication. While assisting the major incident management process, a major part of the job role will be to resolve incidents within the team of the end user devices and applications.
The experience you will gain at Wiley End User Services team will expose you to a wealth of knowledge and a great many opportunities.
How you will make an impact:
- Receive phone-in/walk-up and off-line (via ITSM ticketing tool) support contacts and generate appropriate Incident or Request tickets. Validation and appropriate categorization of ticket information
- Provide 1st level troubleshooting for the incidents reported to the End User Services team.
- Receive and log requests for support from the Wiley colleagues and/or service delivery staff.
- Assign Tickets to appropriate support group and identify/correct errors in assignment rules.
- Own and fulfil the service requests raised by Wiley Colleagues and/or service delivery staff.
- Provide a customer-oriented service keeping the Service Level Agreements in mind.
- Keep an open mind on continual service improvements.
Be part of incident management, Problem management, Major incident escalation & triaging
What we look for:
- Bachelor’s degree in technology or related field or relevant work experience.
- 2+ years in a related technology position (End user Services Engineer, Service Desk Engineer, NOC engineer)
- 1+ years working in an ITIL environment.
- Good analytical & organizational skills
- Excellent Communications Skills (written and spoken)
- Understanding of ITSM processes and their relationships.
- Ability to build collaborative customer relationships.
- Identify problem areas, and devise and deliver solutions to enhance quality of service.
- Good attention to detail
- Good Customer Service and User Experience mindset
- Good collaboration skills
- Ability to work in a team setting as well as independently.
- Ability to work with remote colleagues in different time zones.
- Experience with generating visual representations of data.
Qualified desktop/office systems support skills such as:
- PC Support [troubleshooting of workstation issues & software: includes MAC and Windows operating systems, MS Outlook, O365]
- Working network technology knowledge (WAN, LAN, VPN, TCP/IP, diagnostic tools & techniques)
- Experience in applications, systems and services Experience in Windows 10 & 11 support and administration.
Able to work varied shifts across all time-zones
Enabling Discovery, Powering Education, Shaping Workforces.
We clear the way for seekers of knowledge: illuminating the path forward for research and education, tearing down barriers to society’s advancement, and giving seekers the help they need to turn their steps into strides.
Wiley may have been founded over two centuries ago, but our secret to success remains the same: our people. We are willing to challenge the status quo, move the needle, and be innovative. Wiley’s headquarters are located in Hoboken, New Jersey, with operations across the globe in more than 40 countries.
Please attach your CV in order to be considered for this position.