Data Platform Specialist
As the Digital Excellence pillar at MAS, we drive MAS’s Digital Transformation across the group.
We are building capabilities to address headwinds and opportunities that are coming our way so we can future-proof MAS and be relevant in the future. We have embarked on a highly ambitious multi-million-dollar analytics-driven future-proofing program.
As a Data Platform Specialist in our Data Insights team:
You would need to do:
- Interact with customer-facing BI Consultants & Data Scientists to fulfil their data needs.
- Explore and communicate suitable options, design, and create data pipelines (data lake/data warehouses) for specific analytical solutions.
- Define and implement ETL / ELT based on jointly defined requirements with Data Platform Architect, BI Consultants and Data Scientists
- Implement data quality and availability ensuring processes in the Azure Data Platform
- Enhance performance, speed and robustness of the Data Platform in consultation with the architect.
- Support the data science team in building data pipelines (including feature generation and model scoring)
- Implement complex data processing algorithms in an efficient manner using Spark and other technologies.
What you need to have:
- Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in STEM or Equivalent Professional Qualification
- 4+ years in SQL scripting and performance tuning of DB objects such as star schemas, tables, views, indexes, stored procedures, and functions
- 4+ years in data warehousing (e.g.: Azure DW, Snowflake) & Distributed Databases (e.g.: MPPA)
- 4+ years in Python or Scala programming
- 4+ Year in Cloud Computing Environments such as Azure, AWS, GCP or Cloudera
- Exposure to SAP ECC or S/4 Hana, Microsoft Certifications in relevant areas will be a distinct advantage but not mandatory.
Work Arrangement: A combination of remote and on-site work