If you’re looking for a career that will help you stand out, join HSBC and fulfil your potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further. The Global Service Delivery Colombo embodies HSBC Group’s global footprint, network and integrated, streamlined models for processes and systems. We are a dynamic organization that focuses on employing and engaging a young demographic at the prime of their career potential and those aspiring to grow further within an internationally renowned financial institution.
HSBC is one of the largest banking and financial services organizations in the world, with operations in 64 countries and territories.
Why join us?
Build your career with an ever-growing, fast paced, dynamic team. A team which lives by “Speak Up” culture, who “works hard and plays hard”, who values diversity, who wants you to not just to stay but want to come to work, whose leaders will spend time with you, invest in your development, and promotes work – life balance.
Receiving/making customer calls in a contact center environment typically on multiple products and or propositions. Provides high quality service to achieve maximum customer satisfaction by resolving the customer query at first contact where possible. Listens to the customer and establishes needs to offer relevant products. Takes ownership and initiative to complete necessary research and customer follow up or direct the customer to the appropriate department for resolution. Responsible for achieving individual targets and /or sales goals whilst maintaining quality and compliance.
What you’ll do:
Impact on the Business
- Competent in handling a range of banking enquiries to successfully support a customer in their banking needs.
- Handling inbound and outbound (where appropriate) customer interactions
- Delivering a strong customer experience through each interaction, demonstrating ownership to drive first call resolution.
Customers / Stakeholders
- Adheres and drives HSBC’s values and behaviors in every customer interaction, always doing what is right.
- Focusing on our customer’s current requirements, while anticipating their changing future needs and priorities.
- Working hard to meet these needs, which could include supporting them with access to online facilities and services to helping them manage their accounts.
- Always delivering open and honest communication through the conveying of information in a simple and understandable ways to build customer relations.
- Taking personal responsibility for driving the right customer outcomes in a fast paced and changing environment.
Leadership & Teamwork
- A genuine interest in customers and a passion for the service you provide.
- Able to adapt to innovation and technological change to work smarter, improve service and connect with our customers more sustainably.
- Embraces and implements change that will improve our business performance
- Ability to follow established procedures and use personal judgement to support customers.
- Demonstrates resilience to pressure and the challenge this brings while adapting to critical work demands with flexibility
- Able to demonstrate an understating of the risks associated with role and responsibilities and the impact these have.
- Proactive desire to self-development in skills required to further support our customers and better their banking experience.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Suggests ideas and contributes to implementing of change to better support our customers
- Responsible for own development and actively seeks ways to better their own skills and capabilities
- Adherence to documented policies and procedures whilst maintaining quality and compliance standards through use of various support tools and escalation points.
- Promotes and encourages the highest level of customer service in every interaction.
- Ability to effectively manage own working day, by being ready and available to handle customers’ enquiries efficiently
What you will need to succeed in the role:
- GCE Ordinary Level (including Credit Pass in English) & GCE Advance Level
- Must be flexible, customer centric and have the ability to thrive in a team environment seeking feedback and open to development
- Takes pride in delivering what is promised in line with the customer and service expectations taking ownership and helping to drive first contact resolution
- Ability to work in a high-volume, fast paced changing environment is required
- Proficiency with personal computers and basic software packages and specialised applications
- Excellent communication skills and is polite and friendly at all times
- Equipped to deal with customer conversations by displaying patience and empathy
- Ability to follow process and procedures to mitigate risk/errors
- Must be competent to handle a set of core skills required for the role which include first direct core banking enquiries
What additional skills will be good to have?
- Resilience in role will support the role holders in working in a busy work environment irrelevant of location.
- Regular changes to procedures and advances in technology will regularly impact the role holder. Therefore, pro-activeness and ability to embrace change will ensure success.
- A passion for continued learning will also support the role holder in their ability to gain stronger and better skills and capabilities.
You’ll achieve more at HSBC
HSBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and, opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. We encourage applications from all suitably qualified persons irrespective of, but not limited to, their gender or genetic information, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, social status, medical care leave requirements, political affiliation, people with disabilities, color, national origin, veteran status, etc., We consider all applications based on merit and suitability to the role.”
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
***Issued By HSBC Electronic Data Processing Lanka Private LTD***