Function: Supply Chain
Would you like to work in a place where you can bring your purpose to life through the work that you do? You can create a better business and better world by working on brands that are loved and improve the lives of millions while you learn from brilliant business leaders!
We have an opportunity for Assistant Plant Engineer – Soaps, see more information
But first, an important message.
Diversity is one of our most relevant pillars in people management and our main objective is to develop an internal environment open to the multiplicity of world views, through inclusion without stereotypes. This allows us to value the best professionals, bringing together different profiles and operating styles, and to face with greater propriety the current and future challenges of the company.
At Unilever, more than 50% of leadership positions are held by women. And we want more diversity in our company. In this way, we consider all candidates for our vacancies, regardless of disability, race, color, religion, gender and gender identity, nationality, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, or any other diversity.
Is this position made for you?
You will be responsible to lead and drive all engineering activities in both manufacturing and Packing area of the soap plant Horana, while assisting to the Plant Engineer- Soaps, main KPIs are reducing plant equipment failures by driving the planned maintenance pillar under Unilever Manufacturing System. You will also manage the repair budget, CAPEX, project management and KAIZEN implementation. Furthermore, Assistant plant engineer is responsible for energy utilization and rectification of abnormalities as per the set targets.
Your Responsibilities Will Include…
- Deployment of UMS methodology of Professional maintenance and Autonomous maintenance pillar activities for the Home care & Personal Care bars (Laundry, Skin cleansing) and Talc manufacturing and packing processes.
- Root cause analysis of breakdowns, monitor corrective and preventive maintenance programs and take necessary action (To achieve " zero production stoppages" due to machine breakdowns, to optimize repair & maintenance expenditure, to increase machine reliability, to increase knowledge of technicians and plant operators).
- Budget forecasting for machine overhaul and routing maintenance activities in line with Unilever regional and global guidelines, communications with relevant authorities for budget approval, operational controls for proper utilization of approved budgets, coordination with factory engineer and manufacturing manager and periodic review for optimum utilizations.
- Implementation of safety standards through implementation of process, equipment and behavioral safety protocols in line with Unilever guidelines and local legislations for full compliance leading to safer working place. Educate the entire manufacturing team through continuous engagement for better understanding and knowledge improvement leading to behavioral culture change.
- Responsible for implementation of quality standards in the plant in line with Unilever guidelines and local legislations for full compliance of consumer quality standards. Analysis of product complaints related to personal product plant, take actions for corrective / improvements, monitoring the progress of actions and necessary regular progress update.
- Responsible for implementation of engineering activities for execution of innovation projects within the budget in line with agreed innovation network plan. This includes the best utilization of existing machines as well as introduction of new technologies in consultation with category SUIT manager and regional category technology teams.
- Responsible for skill gap analysis of subordinates and driving actions to develop knowledge / skills on Engineering, Production, Safety, Health & Environment, Quality, Operations Management and General Management in consultation with the Plant Engineer, Manufacturing Manager, Factory Engineer and HR – Business partner.
- Implement projects in line with factory sustainability road map for reduction of energy, water, RM/PM waste and solid / liquid effluent waste of the entire soap plant. Continuously implement best practices for achieving factory sustainability targets.
- Ensure to follow Unilever mandatory policies such as Safety, Health, Environment, Quality, Travel safety, Code of business principles.
Ensure availability of critical spares for the responsible plants in the engineering stores by closely monitoring and working with the Engineering stores manager.
Your key stakeholders are…
- Manufacturing Director
- Factory Manager
- Manufacturing Mangers
- Chief Engineer
- Category SUIT Manager
- Factory Quality Assurance Manager
- Factory Safety, Health & Environment Manager
- Supply Planning Manager
- Engineering Buying Manager
- Factory Industrial Relations Manager
- HR business partner
- Finance business partner
- Category/Brand Managers
- Regional Category technology teams
- Engineering Excellence Team [ EET]
Regional Unilever factory engineers
- Engineering Contractors
- Engineering equipment suppliers
- Board of Investment – Technical Department
National regulatory Institutes
What’s important for you to have in this position?
- Be a Graduate in BSc in Engineering (Mechanical/ Chemical)
- Have 2-3 years prior experience in a similar role.
- Possess IT, communication and interpersonal skills.
Have the ability to think innovatively with strong problem solving and analytical skills.
Unilever is an organization committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.