Unilever is currently hiring for Assistant Manager - Workforce Operations & Data Specialist
Function: Human Resources
Reports to: HR Manager - HR Services and Equity, Diversity & Inclusion Lead Unilever Sri Lanka
Location: Horana Factory
Terms & Conditions: Full-time
With 3.4 billion people in over 190 countries using our products every day, Unilever is a business that makes a real impact on the world. Work on brands that are loved and improve the lives of our consumers and the communities around us. We are driven by our purpose: to make sustainable living commonplace, and it is our belief that doing business the right way drives superior performance. At the heart of what we do is our people – we believe that when our people work with purpose, we will create a better business and a better world.
At Unilever, your career will be a unique journey, grounded in our inclusive, collaborative, and flexible working environment. We don’t believe in the ‘one size fits all’ approach and instead we will equip you with the tools you need to shape your own future.
Unilever is the place where you can bring your purpose to life with the work that you do – creating a better business and a better world. The Data Specialist will be responsible for supporting the HR Service team with managing administration and HR operations of all blue collar employees of the Horana site.
What Will Your Main Responsibilities Be
- Managing all operations pertaining to the blue-collar employee and casual employee life cycles (recruitment, onboarding, transfers, promotions, off-boarding).
- Managing and maintaining all Workday transactions for blue collar employees in both factory sites in Horana & Agarapathana.
- Providing blue-collar data for the business from Workday reporting metrics.
- Accurately managing blue-collar personal files of all workforce employees.
- Managing employment contract administration (e.g., creation of new contracts and update of existing contracts) within SLA.
- Providing all blue-collar data required for monthly payroll about cost center changes, transfers, promotions, confirmations, exits before payroll cut off and any other blue collar data cuts requested by the business.
- Supporting the annual headcount forecasting exercise for the business and maintain data in an accurate and timely manner.
- Managing and tracking usage of all blue-collar based systems and attending to any queries raised.
- Keep custody of HR policies, SOP’s and legal documents for legal and policy compliance.
- Providing timely and accurate information to the Time and Attendance System (TAS) & Payroll.
- Facilitate all types of letters for blue-collar employees and lead HR KIOSK related initiatives.
- Supporting annual internal and external Audit requirements.
- Support to drive the blue-collar engagement calendar at the Horana site.
- Managing and supporting all Horana factory based stakeholders.
Act as the single point of contact in employee communications to the blue collar employee workforce.
What You Need To Succeed
Experiences & Qualifications
- Be a graduate or posses a relevant equivalent professional qualification.
- Have 2-3 years of experience working in a factory environment handling workforce operations (experience in managing unionised groups will be an added advantage).
- Possess proficiency in Sinhala (speaking, reading & writing).
- Be self-confident and assertive.
Have excellent stakeholder management skills with the ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Employee Relations
- Employee Engagement
- Stakeholder Management
- You are energized by delivering fantastic results. You are an example to others – both your results and your resilience. You are constantly on the lookout for better ways to do things, engaging and collaborating with others along the way.
- As an individual you are the one responsible for your own wellbeing and delivering high standards of work. You must also focus on the Consumer and what they need. You are humble and have your head up, looking around to interpret evidence and data smartly, spot issues and opportunities to make things better.
Critical SOL (Standards of Leadership) Behaviors
- PASSION FOR HIGH PERFORMANCE: Takes personal responsibility and accountability for execution and results. Has an owner’s mindset, using data and insight to make decisions.
- PERSONAL MASTERY: Sets high standards for themselves. Actively builds own wellbeing and resilience.
- CONSUMER LOVE: Whatever their role, always looks for better ways to serve consumers. Invests time inside and outside to understand the needs of consumers.
- PURPOSE & SERVICE: Has humility, understanding that leadership is service to others, inside and outside Unilever.
- AGILITY: Explores the world around them, continually learning and developing their skills.
Unilever embraces diversity and encourages applicants from all walks of life! This means giving full and fair consideration to all applicants and continuing development of all employees regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership, and pregnancy and maternity.
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.