Assistant Manager - Finance (MAS Noyon Lanka, Biyagama)
Since we started in 2004, Noyon Lanka is the only knitted lace manufacturer is South Asia that works with global brands to create lace fabric that’s unique, functional in the final garment and of the highest quality.
Embark on a journey of change with MAS, by joining the Noyon team as an Assistant Manager – Finance! This role would enable you to oversee the overall Financial Accounting function in order to provide an effective financial service to the organization whilst driving cost saving initiatives to improve the profitability of the business whilst availing a strong succession pipeline.
- Oversee the process of preparation of Consolidated Financial Statements and provide the financial insights for the review of senior management.
- Responsible for liaison with External Auditors on the observations made in the management letter and compiling responses, while assisting elimination of issues raised by auditors.
- Supervise and coordinate the process of providing of the information and explanation required by related statutory bodies on periodic basis (quarterly, BI annually and annually) and responsible for liaison with all statutory bodies on reporting as and when required.
- Ensure all internal controls and accounting procedures are followed by the team while guiding them to take corrective and preventive actions for any non-compliance identified.
- Maintain internal controls/ procedures to ensure required controls are in place to meet statutory and group requirements/ standards.
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of direct and indirect taxation guidelines/ processes for Noyon and Fabric cluster. Liaise with Group Tax on related transactions.
- Responsible for the general purchasing function of the organization, set-up and execute the purchasing process for the organization in a timely and accurate manner, in order to fulfil organizational and end customer requirements whilst ensuring favorable cashflow management with best terms & conditions from suppliers.
- Manage the Treasury by providing advice and guidance in order to ensure the effective functioning.
- Oversee company Account receivables/ collection process & Accounts payables/ payments to ensure a smooth flow of process.
- Engage in various cost control/ financial related projects & scenario evaluations.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Degree in Finance/Commerce or a professional qualification in CA/ACCA.
- 10 years of relevant experience in a manufacturing environment with minimum 5 years in a managerial role with hands on knowledge on SAP FI.