Launched in 2012, Daraz is South Asia's online shopping and selling destination of choice present in Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Myanmar and Nepal. Supported by a wide range of tailored marketing, data, logistics and other service solutions, the pioneering ecommerce ecosystem in South Asia has 100,000 sellers and serves 40 million consumers. Daraz offers a diverse assortment of products in categories ranging from consumer electronics to household goods, beauty, fashion, sports equipment, and groceries. In 2018 Alibaba Group Holding Limited acquired Daraz from German Investment firm Rocket Internet SE. Daraz is headquartered in Singapore.
- Develop target lists that includes new leads as well as existing prospects for the purpose of bringing consignment suppliers on board.
- Evaluate the sales performance of individual SKUs of such suppliers and transition those products to the consignment model when appropriate.
- Collaborate with teams across different functions to ensure a smooth transition for sellers and order momentum as they switch to the consignment model. This may involve integration with various operational processes, such as everyday mechanics.
- Guarantee the delivery of predefined Unique Selling Propositions (USPs) and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for the consignment business.
- Regularly assess the performance of consignment sellers, conduct surveys to gather feedback, and promptly address any declines in performance or satisfaction.
- Oversee the process of discontinuing certain SKUs or sellers from the consignment program when they no longer meet the eligibility criteria
- Negotiate and manage consignment agreements with suppliers, including terms and conditions, consignment fees, and consignment periods.
- Oversee inventory control and ensure that consigned inventory levels are optimized. Minimize excess inventory or stockouts through regular monitoring.
- Continuously review and refine the consignment program by seeking feedback from suppliers, customers, and internal stakeholders. Implement improvements to enhance efficiency and effectiveness.
- Develop and nurture strong relationships with consignment suppliers. Encourage open communication and collaboration for mutual success.
We are looking for:
- Should possess a degree or advanced diploma in Sales & Marketing or Business Management from a recognized university.
- 3-5 years of experience in seller/merchant acquisition, supplier management, and business development.
- Proven track record of successfully bringing in sellers and generating revenue through these seller partnerships
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Excellent negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Live by the Daraz values: Continuously Innovate, Generosity of Spirit, Deliver on our Promise, and Make it Personal.