Unilever is currently hiring for Account Manager – Modern Trade
Function: Customer Development
Reports to: National Account Manager
Scope: Local scope
Location: Sri Lanka
Terms & Conditions: Full-time
With 3.4 billion people in over 190 countries using our products every day, Unilever is a business that makes a real impact on the world. Work on brands that are loved and improve the lives of our consumers and the communities around us. We are driven by our purpose: to make sustainable living commonplace, and it is our belief that doing business the right way drives superior performance. At the heart of what we do is our people – we believe that when our people work with purpose, we will create a better business and a better world.
At Unilever, your career will be a unique journey, grounded in our inclusive, collaborative, and flexible working environment. We don’t believe in the ‘one size fits all’ approach and instead we will equip you with the tools you need to shape your own future.
Unilever is the place where you can bring your purpose to life with the work that you do – creating a better business and a better world. If you are passionate to work in the frontline sales team of Unilever Sri Lanka while being responsible for the achievement of turnover and managing the P&L of your assigned customer at a category level as well as for the implementation and optimization of category strategies with the customerthen this role is just for you!
What Will Your Main Responsibilities Be
- Develop the customer strategic business plan for the respective categories and work out a joint customers business plan for the respective categories.
- Work closely in collaboration with the category managers for category input, and with customer marketing for the banner/channel plan.
- Develop optimal integrated promotion plan (including selling the plan at the customer) and manage promotion investments.
- Manage the customers P&L for the respective categories.
- Deliver the agreed plan, follow-up achievement of counterparts set in the agreement.
- Close the deal with the customers by negotiating the trade terms, trade funding, and counterparts according to the Unilever strategy for the categories.
- Manage any investments related to the customer.
- Monitor customer performance by tracking customer contribution and market share for major categories.
- Act as active ambassador of Unilever at the customer and of the customer at Unilever.
Participate actively to account managers meetings and looking for the best solution for the business.
What You Need To Succeed
Experiences & Qualifications
- Be a graduate in Sales & Marketing/ Business Management or possess a relevant professional qualification such as CIM, SLIM with a passion for a career in Sales.
- Be willing to travel, and posses a valid driver’s license.
- Be a good team player and demonstrate commitment to the organization and the team members.
- Have clear and concise written and spoken communication skills.
- Possess the ability to present written information in a structured and balanced way appropriate to the needs of the reader.
Have experience in sales related function such as field sales/key account management/trade marketing will be an added advantage.
- Customer Relationship
- Executional Excellence
- Digital Commerce
- Data Literacy
Category Growth Management
- You are energized by delivering fantastic results. You are an example to others – both your results and your resilience. You are constantly on the lookout for better ways to do things, engaging and collaborating with others along the way.
- As an individual you are the one responsible for your own wellbeing and delivering high standards of work. You must also focus on the Consumer and what they need. You are humble and have your head up, looking around to interpret evidence and data smartly, spot issues and opportunities to make things better.
Critical SOL (Standards of Leadership) Behaviors
- PASSION FOR HIGH PERFORMANCE: Takes personal responsibility and accountability for execution and results. Has an owner’s mindset, using data and insight to make decisions.
- PERSONAL MASTERY: Sets high standards for themselves. Actively builds own wellbeing and resilience.
- CONSUMER LOVE: Whatever their role, always looks for better ways to serve consumers. Invests time inside and outside to understand the needs of consumers.
- PURPOSE & SERVICE: Has humility, understanding that leadership is service to others, inside and outside Unilever.
- AGILITY: Explores the world around them, continually learning and developing their skills.
Unilever embraces diversity and encourages applicants from all walks of life! This means giving full and fair consideration to all applicants and continuing development of all employees regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership, and pregnancy and maternity.
Read our Recruitment Privacy Notice here.
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.