This institution initially established at the premises of Rathmalana Depot to provide medical facilities for the employees of South Western Bus Company Ltd. was taken under the possession of Ceylon Transport Board with the nationalization of bus companies in 1958. After the nationalization it was named as “CTB Medical Division”, Thereafter this institution was relocated at No. 170, Highlevel Road, Nugegoda aiming at expansion of service provided by it, functioning in accordance with the National Transport Medical Institution Act No. 25 of 1997 as a revenue generating Government Statutory Institution under the Ministry of Transport. Twenty five (25) branch offices have been established throughout the country to achieve its prime objectives.
National Transport Medical Institute
- National Transport Medical Institute 170 High-Level Rd, Nugegoda
- 011 285 2868